July 2, 2009

Broken Willing Vessel

My dad is doing wonderful. He started his 2nd bag of chemo at 4:30 today. Tomorrow (Friday) he will get off the chemo he is currently on at 4:30. Then he will get another type of chemo for 90 minutes. After that he will get the line taken out of his liver. Then he will have to lie still for 6 hours. My dad should get out of the hospital on Saturday considering that he does not have any reactions to the chemo. After, he is out of the hosiptal we will be here for 3 weeks.

Countine to pray that the chemo does its job. My dad has had a really good appetite. Pray that he will countine not to have any reactions. The only thing so far that he has had is sweating from the chemo. Other than that he has been doing really good on the chemo. Countine to also pray for George that I mentioned in the last blog.

We had a couple of visits today and it was really nice. My dad enjoyed seeing them. Thank you Mr. David for coming out to see my dad and praying with us. Also, our pastor and his wife showed up to see my dad. Thank you Bro. Tommy and Mrs. Karen for stopping by. Sorry I wasn't there to see you. I know my dad and mom were thankful to see you and enjoyed visiting. Thank you for praying for my dad too.

I will blog later about something that has been on my heart.

I don't know about you but I have moments where I think about how much God has blessed me in my life. I have wonderful parents, a great family, friends that keep me smiling, and a wonderful church full of amazing people. Despite what our family has been given I still have to remind myself that I am blessed beyond measure. To remember God has given me a lot more wonderful things than bad things in my eyes. Despite where life has you may you look to Giver of all things and see what He has blessed you with and realizing that we serve a God who brings beauty from ashes when we are a willing vessel even if it is a broken willing vessel.

Thankful for the beauty God brings in our brokeness,
Bridget

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that he's doing well! And that he has a good appetite! I'm glad your church friends were able to get out and see your family! Take care of your mom and dad! ;)

    ReplyDelete