August 3, 2009

Good Quotes & Something to Apply

In the happy moments, PRAISE GOD. In the difficult moments, SEEK GOD. In the quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. In the painful moments, TRUST GOD. And, in every moment, THANK GOD.
God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know You more and love You better.
God is more interested in what I am than what I do.
God is more interested in your character than your comfort. God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy. We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ-likeness.
~ Rick Warren


I was just looking on the K-LOVE blog and found these quotes on there. They were really good quotes and I wanted to share them with you all. May we apply these to our life and trust God even in the moments that are painful and we don't understand. Even if we are in the middle of something there is something we can always thank God for. Even if that is just thanking God for giving you another day to live life to its fullest for Him. By doing that we can make our lives matter.

Goodnight,
Bridget

1 comment:

  1. Bridget,
    It is a rare thing to find a teenager so in tune with the Spirit of God. In life there are trials, and how you handle them will shape your character- who you really are. I believe that God is developing within you a quiet strength that you will use to touch many others. Here is my favorite verse from high school:

    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
    ~I Corinthians 10:13

    Know that no matter what life brings you, God has given you the strength (in Him) to deal with it. My prayer through tough times has always been, "ok, God, you know something I don't. Your Word says that you wouldn't allow me to go through something unless you knew I could handle it, so give me your peace, your understanding, and your patience to trust you with all my heart."

    I will keep you and your parents in my prayers. As always, I'm here if you need me.

    Smiles,

    Mrs. Smiley

    ReplyDelete