August 8, 2009

God's Goodness




























Sorry it's been a while since I last have done an update. We have been so busy. As I sit here and type this blog I actually don't have a title for it. I am in awe right now of God's goodness even in the midst of my sorrow. The first picture you see is of Maggie and me. She is like a big sister to me and the way God crossed our paths again is neat and leaves me saying God is good. My mom actually taught Maggie in youth at the church I grew up going to when I was little. Then Maggie moved away and we didn't stay in touch. Long story short the person that would watch me during the summer still went to the church I grew up in and knew that Maggie moved back and was going there. One day I just asked about Maggie and she gave me the most recent number she had for her. Well, we called Maggie later that night and it was her. The neat thing was we got in touch with Maggie right before her wedding. We met up with Maggie before her wedding and as they say the rest is history. It's hard to believe that it has been over 3 years since our paths crossed again. Every time we hang out we have the best time and could laugh the whole time. Anyway, I was able to hang out with her while we were back in town and it was so much fun. Our time together left me in awe of God's goodness.

Then tonight we went and saw Greater Vision. We have been friends with these guys for years. I actually have known them since I was born and my mom and dad has known them longer than I have. We haven't seen them in a couple years so it was so good to actually see their faces tonight. I listen to KLOVE all the time but I love to pull out one of these guys CDs and I could listen to it all day. I have literally grown up listening to their music. Since the time I was born you could always find me in my room listening to Greater Vision. The neat part is that these guys have seen me grow up and has become very dear friends of ours. They have also been a great influence in my life and every time I hear the name or music of Greater Vision I remember being a little girl in church listening to them sing about God's faithfulness and love. Tonight they sang some of my favorite songs and I left there in awe of God's goodness in my sorrow and how blessed I truely am.

So I sit here typing this thankful for the moments God gives us just to let us know that He cares for us. Loves us. Never leaves our side and remains faithful. God doesn't have to give me these moments just because what I am going through but He does it because He cares and shows me there is hope, peace, and joy even in the midst of the valley in our lives.

One of Greater Vision's songs in the chorus it says You'll carry me through Lord like You always do Lord You'll hold me and guide me like good Shepards do this valley is no different then all those valleys that came and went I know You'll be true like You promised You do You'll carry me through. Sometimes we forget that whatever valley we are facing is no different than the other valleys we have faced. Maybe this valley you are facing is the hardest, scariest, most uncertain valley out of all the other valleys you have faced. May I encourage you by telling you God is in that valley with you. He hasn't left your side or turned His back on. God is not pointing His finger at you telling you to have more faith. I believe more than anything that God's arms are wide open for you to go running into. I believe He is saying to you to come My child come My arms are open. Come let Me take away every fear, doubt, and what if you carry and let Me replace it with My love. Come accept My grace that is sufficient for your every need. Let Me give you My peace that passes all understanding and let Me give you My hope that endures in the worst of circumstances. Come to Me My love and let Me wrap My arms around you and love on you.

Maybe you have awesome people in your life that remind you of God's goodness, faithfulness, and love or maybe you don't. Even if you don't have those people in your life that doesn't make God's goodness, faithfulness, and love in your life any less true. May you read the words on this screen and leave this site knowing these words to be true. God sees you. God loves you just as you are. God's arms are open wide. God's grace is sufficient for you.

Since I am so in awe of God's goodness in my life in the midst of my sorrow I will simply call this blog God's goodness.

In another blog I will update you all about my dad. Please understand that I post on here as often as I can. If my posts start coming not as often I will be starting school and so I will be busy with that but I will certainly post as often as I can and hopefully that can be daily.

In awe of God's goodness,
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment