April 15, 2009

Back from Visiting with Family


We are back from visiting with family. We got back on Sunday night. It was a wonderful time with them. This time we got to spend the Easter weekend with my mom and dad side of the family. It was such a blessing to go were I feel the most comfortable which is being with and having my family together.


My dad had another round of chemo today. He is doing good just tired. He actually went to bed today early. Continue to please pray that he has his energy and strength and that he will not be in pain.

I want to share a few verses with you that have brought comfort to me during this time. The verses are 1 Peter 5:10-12 which says the God of all grace after you have suffered a while will strengthen, prefect, establish, and settle you. I love this verse because God who is full of His amazing grace will strengthen, prefect, establish, and settle us through our suffering. This verse shows that our suffering has a purpose. I don't know about you but sometimes I wonder what God is up to when we go through difficult circumstances. I am person who likes to know what is going to happen. Most people would say that I am mostly a go with the flow laid back person which I am but I am also the type of person that likes to know what I am doing or where I am going. This can serve a problem when it comes to God. God doesn't show or have everything laid out right before us. See if life were a book we know the beginning and we can choose the end. The beginning starts when are born. The end we choose by whether we decide to put our trust in Christ alone or not. God really doesn't give us step by step what is in between. Even though we don't always see ahead what is next we can trust that God's thoughts and ways are higher than ours, He has plans to give us a hope and a future, that He works all things together for good, and He does more than we could ever ask or imagine. We must trust and believe that in our sufferings by God's amazing grace He will strengthen, prefect, establish, and settle us.
Now it is time for me to start getting ready for bed. Hope you all have a good night sleep. And know whatever you are going through God's grace is sufficient for you.
Until next time,
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment